Labels

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Chapters

Tossed about 90% of the craft stuff, scrapbook stuff and sewing stuff in the downstairs closet today. Pretty much that chapter of me has past.  I like that life happens in chapters.  Sometimes the chapters are exhausting and overwhelming and I hope they are short.  Other times they are peaceful and bliss and I don't want a page to turn in case the chapter is over.
We've had up at night with babies chapters and potty training chapters and chapters and chapters (at least it felt like multiple chapters) and teenage chapters.  I had a crafty chapter and now I'm in a cooking chapter.  I'm not even too sad to see the chapters pass.  I'd love to revisit them for an hour or a day but I don't want to go back.  I'm wiser and nicer as the chapters go on.  Thank goodness for photos and video and diaries so that I can revisit those chapters and smile or cry and remember.  I love that Heavenly Father gave us memories that often sift the bad out and only hold tightly to the sweet.  It's nice that we live the reality of dirty diapers and total exhaustion, of heartbreak over children's choices and feelings of despair but we get to remember the sweet laughter of babies, those quiet rocking chair moments when you know you are doing what you were meant to do.  We get to remember those teenagers turning to amazing, wonderful adults and those feeling of despair turning to joy over righteous choices and the reality mostly fades to just leave the sweet.  Yes, I like chapters to let the sifting begin and to move on to the place of sweet memories.  I've tried very hard in my life to enjoy each chapter, to remember this will never happen again and I've loved every chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment