Labels

Friday, October 5, 2012

Squash

I have never made squash in my life, wasn't sure I really liked it and so I never bought it.  Well the other week I got a butternut squash in my CSA basket so I asked friends on facebook for a recipe to cook it.  I got two recipes I wanted to try one was butternut squash soup and the other was a parmesan roasted acorn squash.  Well I never ended up using my butternut squash but when I was at the store I bought an acorn squash and tried the roasted recipe.  My kids apparently don't like squash but my baby loved it and I thought it was okay.  I guess I will be roasting the rest of the squash for him and him alone which means I probably won't need any parmesan on it or thyme for that matter.  Mellonee I was thinking maybe you would like this recipe and you could pick the thyme out of your garden instead of using powdered like I did.

Mellonee:  I don't really like thyme, even though I grow it.  :)  I really want to like squash and I do like it for the first couple bites and then blah.  I want to buy a bunch to decorate with and then I'll keep them and try to cook them so I would like the recipe, just to keep trying.    Spencer is a trooper, especially about food.

Tara: I added the link for the recipe, hopefully when you click on squash it will work, if not I'll find it for you.  I'm the same, I like the first few bites and then the texture is just gross.  Dacia told me about the soup so maybe it will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment